- Who we are
- What we know
- What we do
- hastexo Academy
- Cloud Fundamentals for OpenStack (HX101)
- Networking for OpenStack (HX102)
- High Availability for OpenStack (HX103)
- Ceph Distributed Storage for OpenStack (HX104)
- Swift Distributed Storage for OpenStack (HX105)
- Metering and Monitoring for OpenStack (HX106)
- Orchestration and Scaling for OpenStack (HX107)
- Advanced Security for OpenStack (HX108)
- Integrating Microsoft Windows with OpenStack (HX109)
- Database as a Service for OpenStack (HX111)
- Ceph Distributed Storage Fundamentals (HX112)
- Ceph Performance Optimization (HX113)
- Host a Class!
- Remote Consultancy
- On-Site Consultancy
- Custom Training
- Availability Checkup
- Ask The Expert Now!
- hastexo Academy
- What we've created
- Hints and Kinks
- Checking Corosync cluster membership
- Configuring radosgw to behave like Amazon S3
- Downgrading to DRBD 8.3
- Fencing in Libvirt/KVM virtualized cluster nodes
- Fencing in VMware virtualized Pacemaker nodes
- Fun with extended attributes in Ceph Dumpling
- GFS2 in Pacemaker (Debian/Ubuntu)
- Interleaving in Pacemaker clones
- Maintenance in active Pacemaker clusters
- Managing cron jobs with Pacemaker
- Mandatory and advisory ordering in Pacemaker
- Migrating virtual machines from block-based storage to RADOS/Ceph
- Network connectivity check in Pacemaker
- OCFS2 in Pacemaker (Debian/Ubuntu)
- Solid-state drives and Ceph OSD journals
- Solve a DRBD split-brain in 4 steps
- Testing Pacemaker clusters
- Totem "Retransmit List" in Corosync
- Turning Ceph RBD Images into SAN Storage Devices
- Understanding packet flows in OpenStack Neutron
- Unrecoverable unfound objects in Ceph 0.67 and earlier
- Which OSD stores a specific RADOS object?
- An introduction to OpenStack (LinuxTag 2014)
- Automated Deployment of a HA OpenStack Cloud (OpenStack Summit Atlanta 2014)
- Automated Deployment of a Highly Available OpenStack Cloud (OpenStack Summit Paris 2014)
- Ceph Tutorial (LCA 2013)
- Ceph: The Storage Stack for OpenStack (OpenStack Israel 2013)
- Die eigene Cloud mit OpenStack Essex (German, LinuxTag 2012)
- Fencing (LCE 2011)
- GlusterFS in HA Clusters (LCEU 2012)
- GlusterFS und Ceph (German, CeBIT 2012)
- Hacking OpenStack for Padawans (OpenStack Summit Atlanta 2014)
- Hands On Trove (Percona Live 2014)
- Hands-On With Ceph (LCEU 2012)
- High Availability Update (OpenStack Summit Fall 2012)
- High Availability in OpenStack (CloudOpen 2012)
- High Availability in OpenStack (OpenStack Conference Spring 2012)
- Highly Available Cloud: Pacemaker integration with OpenStack (OSCON 2012)
- Mit OpenStack zur eigenen Cloud (German, CLT 2012)
- Mit OpenStack zur eigenen Cloud (German, OSDC 2012)
- More Reliable, More Resilient, More Redundant (OpenStack Summit April 2013)
- MySQL HA Deep Dive (MySQL Conference 2012)
- MySQL High Availability Deep Dive (PLUK 2012)
- MySQL High Availability Sprint (PLUK 2011)
- OpenStack & Ceph (Ceph Day Frankfurt 2014)
- OpenStack High Availability Update (Grizzly and Havana)
- OpenStack Tour de Force (OSCON 2013)
- Roll Your Own Cloud (LCA 2011)
- Storage Replication in HPHA (LCA 2012)
- Zen of Pacemaker (LCA 2012)
- hastexo in 100 Seconds
- Technical documentation
- News releases
- Tesora announces a partnership with hastexo
- hastexo announces hastexo Academy
- Inktank & hastexo announce partnership on Ceph (German)
- Inktank & hastexo announce partnership on Ceph
- SkySQL, hastexo Form Highly Available Partnership
- The OpenStack DACH Day 2013 (German)
- hastexo Becomes OpenStack Corporate Sponsor, Expands OpenStack Training Portfolio
- hastexo, Cloudscaling announce training collaboration
- hastexo, GigaSpaces announce training partnership
- OpenStack DACH Day 2014: LinuxTag loves OpenStack!
- hastexo included in OpenStack Foundation Marketplace launch
- Hints and Kinks
- What we charge
- What others say
Virtualization is a key component of any contemporary infrastructure. And unfortunately, it multiplies the effects of hardware outages: if a physical server fails, then this affects multiple virtual machines and service. When talking about virtualization, it's thus crucial to also talk about High Availability.
We have a long history of developing and implementing virtualization with DRBD and Pacemaker. Florian published the first resource agent that could control the libvirt virtualization framework from of Pacemaker. Thousands of people have heard our presentations on virtualization with DRBD and iSCSI. If you want highly-available virtualization, we will be happy to assist.
How do I get started?
Numerous virtualization solutions and frameworks for Linux exist. If you like to get started quickly, installing a standard Linux distribution on two servers and running KVM or XEN on top if this will be sufficient. In such setups, DRBD allows you to replicate the VMs' data between your servers and Pacemaker will make sure that all needed VMs are running.
We'd be happy to assist you in setting up shop. Based on our multi-year experience, we can get you going in a day or less.
What if I need something more scalable?
This is where enterprise cloud configurations come in. In typical setups, we'll set up two standard servers with loads of diskspace. We'll configure DRBD and Pacemaker, and set up iSCSI to export the server's data to your hypervisor hosts. These run your virtual machines, and are standard, off-the-shelf servers, too. A future-proof investment with practically unlimited scalability.
We can assist you in planning and deploying enterprise clouds, from initial concept to installation, testing and acceptance.
I want something ultra light weight. What do I do?
We build our virtualization solutions on pluggable free and open source software (F/OSS) components. If you prefer container-based virtual environments like OpenVZ, Linux Containers or Linux-VServer, all we do is swap out one component for another.
Give us a call, we can help!
What if I prefer VMware or XenServer?
Do you plan to go virtual but don't know how? Or is your existing virtualization setup causing you headache? We can provide expert consulting services around virtualization. Ask The Expert Now!